Thursday, July 28, 2011

5 unusual foods in a can

The foods themselves might not be odd, but just finding out these particular eats can be found available in cans is kind of weird, if not downright disturbing in some cases. I'm sorry, but some foods just shouldn't be served from a can.

B&M Brown Bread with Raisins, 16-Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)I would give this one a try, but I have to admit to being skeptical. I like good bread, and I just can't fathom that bread from a can is going to taste like much. Perhaps I'm wrong. I've not tried this stuff yet. Maybe I need to make a trip to the grocery store.

Is there anything about a whole chicken in a can that sounds appealing? And what gets me, there's more than one company that makes such a product. Imagine how this thing is going to come out of the can. Warm. Stringy. Sticky. Wet. In other words, yucky. You'd have to do a lot of cooking before it would sound appealing to me.



Unfortunately (maybe?), this product no longer shows up on the German manufacturer's Web site. Could it be they realized this was not such a great idea? Sure, it doesn't look or sound appealing, but does it really seem any worse than much of the grub served at fast food restaurants nowadays?

This stuff comes from the Brits, but you can sometimes find a version of it in the States. This is another one where you just have to ask yourself, "Who thought this would be a good idea?" Looks to have beans, sausage, hot dogs and possibly some other kind of unidentifiable meats. Sounds like zombie food.

Okay, this one is really starting to get out there. I've eaten alligator. It was kind of flaky, like fish, but maybe that was just how it was prepared for me. But that was at a fancy restaurant. Going home and popping open a can of 'gator just doesn't seem to have the same quality to it. Maybe this stuff is a hot item in Cajun country.

No comments:

Post a Comment